Fabric Softener/Hammers

Richard Brekne richard.brekne@grieg.uib.no
Tue, 02 Jul 2002 14:36:11 +0200

 Bill Ballard wrote:

>At 9:49 PM -0400 7/1/02, Susan Lund wrote:
>I need to brighten the tone on a set of grand hammers that have been
>treated with fabric softener.  I would appreciate any suggestions.
>Also any comments on this particular practice,  positive and/or
>negative.

I always use Cellulose Lack thinned out 10 to 1 with appropriate thinner. I
find you can get a hammer hard with just about anything talked about on the
list... from diluted keytops to shellack to starch. But some last better then
others, some respond to needles better then others, and some break down in ways
simliar to felt better then others.

All in all... I find what appears to me the best combination of these in
Cellulose lack.. no matter what the reason for applying it is.

JMV

RicB
Richard Brekne
RPT NPTF