of Q-tips and bricks...was Night And Day

antares antares@EURONET.NL
Tue, 02 Jul 2002 16:04:11 +0200

I was not so much talking about my personal preference, I was just curious
about what you guys think of the Hamburg Renners as they now all have this
fabulous Wurzen felt.
Years ago I was among the very first ones in Europe to purchase Renner
hammers with this felt (right after the Berlin wall) and shortly thereafter
noticed that Steinway (Hamburg) and even Yamaha (on their CFIII-S) used this
felt (and now, years later) many other factories).
On top of that I received private lessons in (amongst others) the Yamaha
Concert Grand department on voicing Wurzen felt, so I should know at least
something about it.
I think that to get acquainted with one of the best hammer felts of this
moment could be interesting and valuable, and the more so if more than one
of the top piano makers makes use of it all the time.

I have noticed however that talking on this list is a sensitive and serious
matter. Europeans and Americans 'often' have different tasts, methods,
techniques, materials. I have learned this a long time ago and maybe it
would be wise to again explain that it was/s never my intention to push my
opinion here. One of the interesting aspects of this forum is the exchange
of ideas without the negative influence of bullies and dictators.

just my two EURO's

friendly greetings
from

Antares,