Convention Through July 4th!

Joseph Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Tue, 2 Jul 2002 14:45:33 -0700

Wim,
There are a few things that I hold sacred. One of them is the 4th of July.
Yes, I am a flag waving ijut! And no, I didn't just pick that up since 9-11.
I've been that way my whole life. Having been raised in Alaska, where I was
a citizen, but couldn't vote for Representatives, etc., made me even more
zealous in this regard.
I consider the 4th of July Family and Country time. A time to reflect on the
many blessings, both have given me. It may be off from mainstream thinking,
but it's "where I'm at".
So, if the convention is over the 4th of July, I will not attend, regardless
of whether I am teaching or just attending. That is a promise I made to
myself and my family after the last 4th of July without them.
Regards,
Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)