Convention Through July 4th!

Kdivad@AOL.COM Kdivad@AOL.COM
Tue, 02 Jul 2002 18:28:33 -0400

In a message dated Tue, 2 Jul 2002 4:58:53 PM Eastern Standard Time, dm.porritt@verizon.net writes:

> Joe:
>
> A little negative?  I live in Dallas, work in Dallas and some
> restaurants here close for Christmas, but the rest of the time they
> are open.  I plan to eat out this Thursday and I'll have NO trouble
> finding a place.  Don't pan it if you don't know the situation.
>
> dave

> On 7/2/02 at 10:33 AM Joseph Garrett wrote:
>
> >I attended one convention through July 4th. I will never do it
> again!
> >Everyone, stores, shops, were all closed, including most of the
> eating
> >establishments. The hotel was on skeleton crew for that
> day, as
> well. NO
> >WAY!
> >Regards,
> >Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)
>

> _____________________________
> David M. Porritt
> dporritt@mail.smu.edu
> Meadows School of the Arts
> Southern Methodist University
> Dallas, TX 75275

Awww, come on down you guys and let us Texans show you what gunpowder and fireworks are really about!!

Seriously though David is absolutely correct, in spite of the incredible celebrations, as far as businesses shutting down you wont even notice.
Besides we need a chance to show up the Chicago chapters incredible hospitality and entertainment.

Come on down!!!
David koelzer
DFW