Convention 2003

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Tue, 2 Jul 2002 20:20:39 EDT

In a message dated 7/2/02 10:29:09 PM !!!First Boot!!!, avery@ev1.net writes:

> Wim,
>
> Since I wasn't able to go this year, what DID the Hyatt do? Just curious.
>
> Avery

I don't want to go into all the details, because I might get some of them
wrong. But basically, they booked another convention on top of ours.
(Actually, a group that was there decided to stay, and paid the hotel BIG
bucks to change things around). The hotel broke the contract we had with
them, which, among things, caused our piano movers to work twice as hard, as
Les attested to. With them breaking our contract, we felt we have a right to
reconsider the contract we have in Dallas. But that will have to wait to be
seen.

Wim