Convention and Here

Christus4@AOL.COM Christus4@AOL.COM
Wed, 3 Jul 2002 00:33:33 EDT

Esteemed colleagues,

I would like to express sincere and great thanks to all of you who
participate in the "on-line university" we share here, and also to those who
contributed to the "continuing education" forum held in Chicago last week.

This was the first national convention I attended since Providence.  I
justified the expense of it by the free registration I was able to earn the
previous year (finally!).  Yes, it was still expensive - even with low
air-fare rate acquired on-line, splitting room expense with some Okee' fella
I'd never met, eating "energy bars" and drinking the instant coffee my wife
packed for me, cheap meals across the street from the Hyatt at the little
cafeteria, avoiding the $5 beers in the hotel (and waiting for the open bar
receptions).....not to mention a loss of one week's potential income (even if
July is a slow month).

There's a bagful of excuses I had for  bowing out (again) from going to
Chicago, the biggest of which really might be trying to finish (sometime this
century) the house we're building on our own.  But I remember the words of
one of my mentors, who said that it's worthwhile to go to the conventions and
seminars even if you have to go into debt for a while because it always pays
off.

Well, the gist of this message is to relate to you all that the investment
does pay off!
Just today, because of the knowledge acquired and confidence gained last
week, I was able to sell a regulation job and other needed action work, which
will pay off a sizable chunk of the debt incurred. And this was only the
second day back!

I'm grateful to not only the instructors of all the great classes taken (too
many to mention), the sponsors and exhibitors (ibid), the movers (Les, Paul,
et al) and the shakers, technicians from around the globe sharing their
experiences and knowledge, the Institute Committee,.....virtually everyone.
So much knowledge and talent gathered in one place.   Wow!, can't wait for
next year!

Meanwhile we have this venue, and since I've been lurking here so many months
I've learned so much.
I apologize for the length of this post, (for those of you who may have not
deleted it already), and also for any perceived mushy sentamentality.
My nickel's worth....

Chuck Christus, RPT
Flagler Beach and Stuart, FL