Email from the Nigerian ...

Mark Story mstory@smbnw.com
Wed, 3 Jul 2002 12:25:17 -0700

Amazingly enough, this past couple of weeks 6 persons were arrested on this
scam in South Africa and other one or two other Sub-saharan African
countries.

Mark Story
SMB Northwest
mstory@smbnw.com
www.smbnw.com

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-pianotech@ptg.org [mailto:owner-pianotech@ptg.org]On Behalf
Of Richard Brekne
Sent: Wednesday, July 03, 2002 3:56 AM
To: PTG
Subject: RE: Email from the Nigerian ...

Amazing what some folks will actually swallow. For the life of me I can not
understand how anyone could possibly in the farthest reaches of the mind
they
had 12 years before they were even born that this could remotely ressemble
anything but a bonified rip-off.

Whats worse is to know that its quite possible that the monies made from
such
....er.... endeavours just might well go to help financing Flying Lessons
if you get my meaning.

sigh...

RicB

 Hechler, Duaine & Laura wrote:

>.. well, we just got the latest Consumer Reports magazine, August 2002,
>page 59, and Consumer Reports called their bluff.
>
>In an article called "Deposit or withdrawal ?"
>
>"Just when we thought we'd seen the last of the years-old "Nigeria
>scam," it turned up again, like a bad penny -- or in theis case, a bad
>$25.8 million."

>"The Nigerian scam is widespread and people who get a little greedy can
>lose a lot of money. The scam represented 15.5 percent of the 16,775
>complaints of fraud referred to the Internet Fraud Complaint Center in
>2001. Sixteen complainants lost money - a median of $5,575 per victim."
>
>--
>Duaine Hechler
>Harmonium, Melodeon, Pump Organ & Parlor Organ Rebuilding
>Piano Tuning & Repair
>Associate Member of the Piano Technicians Guild
>(314) 838-5587
>dahechler@mlc.net

Richard Brekne
RPT NPTF