Convention Through July 4th!/David M. Porritt

Richard Brekne richard.brekne@grieg.uib.no
Wed, 03 Jul 2002 12:50:51 +0200

Just curious..... we are thinking of not going to the Dallas convention because
we cant go shopping on the 4th of July ?? One day of the year ?... Do we
usually spend a lot of time shoping on the 4th of July in the first place ?
Cant you order out for Pizza if you dont like beans ? Besides.... doesnt
everybody eat Hotdogs and ice cream for 4 hours before taking in those big city
fireworks displays ??...

I know I enjoyed being in Arlington for that... went into DC and just had a
cozy old time sitting under Lincolns glance. Hadnt been their since I was 9
years old.

:)

 Joseph Garrett wrote:

>David,
>Dallas WAS the last convention I went to over the 4th. All of the shops
>were
>closed when we got in and we were way the hell an gone away from the
>mainstream Dallas, so we had to take a cab or eat at the beanery in the
>hotel. Which, by the way, was WAAAAAAAY over priced. And, because of the
>"Skeleton" crew, the service was lousy.
>You asked so I told ya. <G>
>Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)

Richard Brekne