innovative upright action

JWyatt1492@AOL.COM JWyatt1492@AOL.COM
Wed, 3 Jul 2002 10:18:45 EDT

Hello Andrew !

     Please excuse the late comment on your
post.  The Action you describe sounds to me
that it  may very well be a  Langer.  The first of
the Langer  action of this type had no tension
adjustments however the later models did have
a screw type adjustment. This addition to the
upright action was very successfull.  I think the
small cost is why it is not used today.  I always
stress in my classes that when a factory saves
a quarter--- that  quarter is 100% profit.
   In 1888  Siegfred Hansing  invented an upright
action that was designed for the ultimate
repetition.   It was very complicated and the cost
of production would have beed very high.  And
this does not address the labor cost to regulate.
Regretably  I have never seen one of these actions,
perhaps one day ---- soon.
    I am begining to build a collection of  models of
these types of actions.  I would guess there will be about
six in total.   I will post the list on the progress of
this effort.
 Hope you find this helpfull,

Regards to all,
Jack Wyatt