self tuning piano????

Mark Wisner MWisner@yamaha.com
Wed, 03 Jul 2002 08:39:42 -0700

Nah, Bill, ya got it all wrong.  The QRS booth was directly across from =
the Yamaha booth at PTG Chicago convention and during lulls in the foot =
traffic we'd cross the aisle to the QRS booth and attempt to pry the REAL =
dope on the "self-tuning" piano from John.  There isn't any collusion =
twixt Yamaha and QRS. =20

At 10:43 AM -0700 7/2/02, Mark Wisner wrote:
>John Omnitek, the PianoMation guy, described the "self-tuning"=20
>aspect of this piano as something the owner would do to keep the=20
>piano in tune between tunings, NOT as a way to eliminate the need=20
>for conventional tunings done by (un?)conventional tuners.

Again the PTJ article describes tis piano as one which will never=20
need a manual tuning.

Oh Mark, was it OK for me to spill the beans about Yamaha Corp's=20
being a silent partner, ready to piggy-back its Disklavier technology=20
on this scheme once QRS comes up with a working prototype?

Bill Ballard RPT
NH Chapter, P.T.G.

"You'll make more money selling my advice than following it"
     ...........Steve Forbes, quoting his father, Malcom

Mark Wisner
Yamaha Corporation
mwisner@yamaha.com