Drachmann Piano

JWyatt1492@AOL.COM JWyatt1492@AOL.COM
Wed, 3 Jul 2002 11:21:07 EDT

Hello Kelly!

    The "Drachmann" you have was built by
the  "H.C. Bay Co." of  Buffton Ind.  The Bay
Co. moved from Chicago to Buffton in 1917.

That year they bought the King Piano Co. of
Chicago. The  H.C. Bay  Co.  used different
brand names such as  Bellmann,  Meldorf,
Vollmer,  King  as well as Drachmann.

    This factory built all the parts for their pianos
including action, player actions and case parts.

    The bad news is that this factory built the lowest
priced pianos on the American market at that time.

    The good news is that the wood used in these pianos
are far far better than that used in  pianos flooding the
market to day. Also all parts are available.

     Among  rebuilders  the  term "disposable
pianos " is  more and  more  a common phrase.
We find today  that some twenty year old pianos
are needing   thousands of dollars spent  in repairs.

      I suggest you get advice from more than one
technician and at least from one rebuilder.
      You are welcome to contact me at any time.

  Hope this helps!
      Jack Wyatt