perfect pitch

Richard Brekne richard.brekne@grieg.uib.no
Thu, 04 Jul 2002 01:46:55 +0200

Ask her what temperament her perfect pitch is in...grin. or how stretched it
is... or what concert pitch it relates to...

Perfect is way too strong a word, and often as not those who claim to have it
over estimate their own abilities. Course this is also equivalant to saying
that often as not they do not underestimate their own abilities.... but
still...perfect is too strong a word for what the concept refers too.

JMV
RicB

 HazenBannister@cs.com wrote:

>Hi ,
> I tuned a piano today at a church I've been tuning at for years.The new
>music director happened to walk in,and introduce herself.She says she has
>perfect pitch,which I did'nt verify.(I always want to check but don't)
>What I
>was wondering is,what is perfect pitch related to? Is it equal
>temperment,or
>some other temperment.If you tune a note at equal,it will be different
>,the
>same note at another temperment.
>Inquiring minds want to know,
>Hazen Bannister