Hammer Butt Return Springs/Dave Langstaff

Joseph Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Thu, 4 Jul 2002 08:43:06 -0700

Dave,
Order some brass spring wire from piano supply co., of the diameter
preferred & make your own. (Usually .018 is a good diameter to start with.)
It's really quite easy to do. Also, there is a tool called a spring making
tool that, I believe, is available from our suppliers. Personally, I make
spring making jigs out of scrap wood and various sizes of nails, pins and
metal rod. Once you have done it, you'll see how easy it can be. You should
be able to whip out a set in around 2 hours.
Regards,
Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)