convention sites (campuses)

David Ilvedson ilvey@sbcglobal.net
Thu, 04 Jul 2002 13:35:21 -0700

It would have to be during a quarterly break...June?   I love the idea of a college town in the mountains...
David I.

From: <DBee840388@AOL.COM>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Subject: Re: convention sites (campuses)

In a message dated 7/4/02 1:03:26 PM Central Daylight Time, sckline@attbi.com writes:

I was thinking more of a modest little college somewhere,
with cheap eating places aimed at students, a small enough
campus that everything is within walking distance, and
air conditioning, which isn't that rare in warm climates.
The University of Texas, which is anything but little and
has its own summer sessions, was air-conditioned to the hilt
back when I attended it (in the 70's.) Little campuses get
pleasantly laid back in the summer. I agree that air conditioning
in the dorms is needed in July. Maybe some form of transportation
could be arranged for those who have trouble walking. Certainly
that would be no harder than moving grand pianos several
times a day!

Joel Jones, currently one of our Ass't Institute Directors, was instrumental, if not the lead man, at a weekend seminar at the University of Wisconsin in Madison several years ago.  They had very nice teaching rooms and dorms at their conference cent
Don Bee, RPT
Chicago Chapter