Hammer hardeners: a poll

Susan Kline sckline@attbi.com
Thu, 04 Jul 2002 13:36:43 -0700

I like shellac, made from ultrablonde flakes. If mixed with 190 proof
alcohol, it dries very fast, and I like the tone better than keytop in
acetone. Less harsh and brittle. I use very little, near the strike area.
I've never used it to build up hammers from scratch.

Anyone else?

Susan

 > I would like to know what people's favorite hammer hardeners are.  I
know that a lacquer based solution requires some time for the results to
show whereas the acetone/keytop mixture works real quick.