Websites generate much business??

Clair Dunn cadunn@vt2000.com
Fri, 5 Jul 2002 06:54:44 -0500 (CDT)

Les--

In general yes. Especially good for selling pianos in your area. It
saves time. Folks go to the site, look at what you have and then
call or not. I've sold quite a few pianos to contacts made via my
site-- even one as far away as Washington, D.C. (-- I'm in Vermont).
But I would not recommend it if you are not the one taking care of
it and updating it. To work it needs to be worked on regularly.
After inception, the thing takes on a life of its own and you have
to keep feeding it. But it does return the effort.
Phone calls about what pianos I have are usually very short, as I
can refer the caller to the site. Also, I get calls from people who
have found it informative and who want me to put them on a list for
the kind of piano they are looking for -- price range, size, etc.

--
Clair's Piano Service
http://www.vt2000.com/cps/