(hope this works)! Homemade dollys @ skids anyone??

Mike Kurta mkurta@adelphia.net
Sat, 6 Jul 2002 07:29:05 -0400

    Hi Johnny:
    I don't know of any plans as such for dollies and skidboards, but =
maybe look at a few, take some measurements, and use them as patterns.  =
They're all pretty standard, but be sure to use heavy duty casters on =
the dolly.
    Mike Kurta
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: jonnyv=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Saturday, July 06, 2002 3:08 AM
  Subject: (hope this works)! Homemade dollys @ skids anyone??

  My first question to this list..if it works...:)  Surely, I can use =
the backposts and etc.. wood parts from ex-pianos to build a dolly and =
grand skid or three!!.. Someone must have plans! I'm a fairly new =
associate ptg.,  Was at chicago and met a few of you on this list and =
that was really cool!!  I do brass and woodwind repair for a living and =
have been gradually learning more about pianos... Anyhoo.....what I'm =
after is a schematic or plan for a 4 wheel dolly and small grand piano =
skid for moving pianos. I already have a couple of condemned =
"mercy-removals" scheduled and would rather re-cycle wood I have and =
possibly build a better skid... if someone will share!   =
Jonnyv@chartermi.net