Front Ril Pins (correction)

Sat, 6 Jul 2002 12:07:10 -0700

I meant to say if the damper lever and capstan are picking up below the =
line, not above the line.  My lysdexia is getting the better of me.  At =
any rate, checking the convergence lines will tell you if you need to =
raise the back rail cloth or lower it with a subsequent lowering of the =
key height from the balance rail (if possible).

David Love
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: David Love=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: July 06, 2002 11:52 AM
  Subject: Re: Front Ril Pins

  Jon:

  If you end up having to fix the problem from scratch, I would check to =
see that the damper lever pick up is on the correct line to the damper =
flange center.  It may be that the back rail cloth was built up too high =
(rather than it being too low).  It's possible that you may want to =
lower the balance rail punchings (if there is enough thickness there) =
after lowering the back rail cloth.  That would also change the =
capstan/wippen center convergence line.  You might consider checking the =
damper lever convergence as well as the capstan/wippen center =
convergence.  If the damper lever is picking up above the line and the =
capstan is above the line at half blow, then lowering the back rail =
cloth would be in order.=20

  David Love

    In a message dated 7/6/2002 6:25:51 AM Pacific Daylight Time, =