Bridge design

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@cox.net
Sat, 06 Jul 2002 13:53:11 -0500

>         Terry
>I don't know why they didn't use it. Probably some of the design folks
>liked it and some didn't. Or cost factors and simplified production issues.

Terry, Dale,
I don't know either, But have either of you tried to laminate a bridge with
that shepherd's crook at the end like is in the A? That somehow doesn't
strike me as a production simplification, but maybe it's not that bad after
you get the jig figured out, and it does stiffen the low tenor. Adding the
transition bridge with a re-design  improves the crossover though.

>    Back to the Stwy Ms under cut bridge in the low tenor. If it was for
> mass reduction or flexiblity why then did they put the same amout of mass
> back under the bridge in the form of a large dowell and wooden nut
> negating the bridge mass reduction idea? I dunno either. the Stwy M isn't
> the only model or brand to employ this either. I personally don't put the
> nuts and dowells back on any more unless requested for
> originality  Issues by techs.
>    Dale Erwin

Me either, nor dowel through ribs. I have no idea what process they went
through (if any) to arrive at this approach.

Ron N