Pramberger

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@cox.net
Sun, 07 Jul 2002 13:48:53 -0500

I finally got a chance to get a relatively good look at one of the YC
Pramberger grands at Chicago. Did anyone else noticed the bridge notching?
Through the low treble section (killer octave country), the bridge pin rows
are intentionally not parallel to the V bar, though they are in the rest of
the piano. Livening up the killer octave, I presume. Also, I had assumed
these had compression crowned soundboards, given the history of the
designer, but their advertising indicated an asymmetric crowning. This
would have to mean machined ribs if it's real and not just a phantasy of
the advertising department. Does anyone have any details (besides Joe P,
that is)?
Ron N