Story time

Kevin E. Ramsey ramsey@extremezone.com
Sun, 7 Jul 2002 17:45:46 -0700

    Clyde,=20
   =20
    Just my two cents worth here, but with a car in the driveway, and =
nobody answering the front door, That's the time I'd start making calls. =
It could have been some armed cretin robbing the place and here you are =
walking around being a good little target.=20

    Security is everybody's business, because you're the only person =
who's with you all the time.=20

    Yes, and cell phones pay for themselves at times like these, in =
spite of the inconvenience of getting sales calls all day long.=20

Kevin E. Ramsey
ramsey@extremezone.com
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Clyde Hollinger=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Sunday, July 07, 2002 3:49 PM
  Subject: Story time

  Friends,

  "Well," she said, "No one will be home when you come to tune the =
piano,
  but I'll just leave the front door unlocked."

  I arrived as scheduled and found a car parked in the middle of the
  double-width driveway.  I mused that maybe someone is home after all,
  since that is not the way people usually park their cars.  I went to =
the
  front door and rang the doorbell.  Nothing.  Rang again, knocked.
  Nothing.  I guess there's no one here after all.  So I tried the door.
  It was locked.  Did I misunderstand which door?  So I walked around =
the
  house and tried all the doors, because I know these people well.  The
  woman of the house works where my wife is a manager.  Fine people.