tuning hammer tip

Claudia Cimenti claudia_cimenti@mail.com
Mon, 08 Jul 2002 12:10:31 -0700

Hi all,

I had been looking at purchasing a nice tuning hammer for a while, and my
beloved husband said on my birthday I should go ahead and get one.
Excitedly, I got the Schaff 21C that comes with a #3 tip, and got the #2
tip while I was at it.

The tips screw into the hammer head. But, blast, they come unscrewed when I
try to tune the piano.

What am I doing wrong???

Getting a one-piece head and tip would of course work, but I want to know
how to get this to work. I fully assume user error and not tool error here.

Thanks in advance for your comments.

Desperately,
/Claudia

-----