Taxes and retirement

Dale Probst wardprobst@cst.net
Tue, 9 Jul 2002 19:46:09 -0500

Bob & David,
We have been operating this way for about ten years and it has worked
well for us. I would suggest locating an IRS enrolled agent who can fill
you in on the details. Most CPA's have as much training in tax work as
piano majors have in piano technology.
Good luck,
Dale
Ward & Probst, Inc.
Piano & Organ Service
Dale Probst & Elizabeth Ward
Registered Piano Technicians
Wichita Falls, TX
wardprobst@cst.net

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-pianotech@ptg.org [mailto:owner-pianotech@ptg.org] On Behalf
Of David Love
Sent: Tuesday, July 09, 2002 7:08 PM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: Re: Taxes and retirement

I would be interested in finding out more about this S corporation.  I'm
much more confident making my own investments than relying on SS
benefits.  Self employment tax is a basically a penalty for working for
yourself and an attempt encourage people into working situations where
the government gets their money up front.  Any suggestions where more
info is readily available?

David Love