One-man piano move?

Mike McCoy mjmccoyrpt@earthlink.net
Wed, 10 Jul 2002 19:37:49 -0400

List,

 I am reading this book now also and recommend it. Interesting reading, maybe a nice gift for a special customer, they might appreciate their technician after reading.

Mike

Mike McCoy RPT
Chapters 170 & 190 PTG
Langhorne, Pa
mailto:mjmccoyrpt@earthlink.net
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Mark Wisner
  To: pianotech@ptg.org
  Sent: Wednesday, July 10, 2002 12:38 PM
  Subject: One-man piano move?

  In the book The Piano Shop on the Left Bank by T E Carhart, the author describes a "baby" grand being moved up a flight of stairs and into his Paris apartment by a piano mover who strapped the piano across his back, with the curve resting on his shoulder.  I'd have dismissed this passage as the meanderings of a clouded and uninformed mind if the author wasn't so accurate in virtually every other technical aspect of the piano.  Has anyone ever heard of such a thing?

  Mark Wisner
  Yamaha Corporation
  mwisner@yamaha.com