Baldwin

Ed Carwithen edwithen@oregontrail.net
Thu, 11 Jul 2002 16:52:00 -0700

I need someone to explain to me how a piano can be sharp time after =
time.  I can easily understand how a piano would go flat.  But to be =
sharp 4 times in a row has me wondering.  I do this one every 6 months.  =
In 4 yrs it has never been flat when I arrived.  It isn't a particularly =
good piano.  Baldwin, bit taller than a spinet not quite a console.  =
Pins are firm enough, but twist badly.  Pitch can change drastically =
before you can feel any movement of the pin in the block.  And the tone =
is muddy.  Lots of "whiskers" around the tone.  In other words, not my =
favorite piano.  But how can it be sharp all the time??????

Ed Carwithen
John Day, OR