Rusty and dull bass strings

Claudia Cimenti claudia_cimenti@mail.com
Thu, 11 Jul 2002 20:32:37 -0700

All,

As always, I thank you greatly for your replies! I am learning so much by
reading this list and have always gotten excellent feedback to my queries.
Thanks again.

Kevin, you are absolutely right that it's too labor intensive and
potentially short-lived to be a viable business solution to old dull
strings. I want to re-emphasize that I am aware of that. Right now, all I
do is learn, learn, learn. I don't want to put too many $$ into this old
junker piano that at some point I will become anxious to use it to
experiment because I see it as some form of investment.

I will keep you all informed on the long-term effects of the CLR.

Regards,
/Claudia

At 07:07 PM 7/11/2002 Thursday, Kevin E. Ramsey wrote:
>     Claudia;  Sounds really cool, from a technical point of view. It will
> be an interesting subject to follow up on. I wonder how long the effect
> will last?  I wonder if the CLR isn't just going to keep acting on them
> to the point that they become totally corroded? Keep us informed. Seems
> like an awful lot of work when a new set from Mapes doesn't cost that
> much, really.
>     After being in this business for a while, you won't want to do this
> kind of labor-intensive work, and then you'll just see the situation for
> what it is and tell the customer (even if that customer is you, yourself)
> that they need a new set. In my opinion, that's what I'd do; you'll know
> that everything's going to be good from then on out.
>
>     At least you're doing things to help yourself learn, and yes, that's
> a good thing. ( As the now infamous Martha Stewart used to say.)(Grin)
>
>     My best to you. I'm glad you're on the list.
>

>Kevin E. Ramsey
><mailto:ramsey@extremezone.com>ramsey@extremezone.com

-----
Claudia Cimenti