Baldwin

Bigeartb@AOL.COM Bigeartb@AOL.COM
Thu, 11 Jul 2002 23:37:17 EDT

Ed,
     My best guess is too much humidity. Many customers with sharp pianos
have "proclaimed" but we don't have water problems in our home. My reply is
always, "pianos don't lie" about moisture problems in homes or institutions.
Customers have located: holes in  window seals , standing water under their
homes, broken water pipes, air conditioning vents blowing on pianos, too many
live plants in room with piano, water in basements, and finally one lady
continually ran a "vaporizer" which blew directly on the piano. The sound
board was so swelled, some notes would not sustain a tone. She was highly
upset I couldn't fix those notes immediately. She had never heard of a
vaporizer fouling up a piano. Neither had I. Carpet cleaners who steam
carpets can raise piano pitches substantially.

Good Luck,
Tommy Black
Decatur, Ala.