Bridge design

Erwinspiano@AOL.COM Erwinspiano@AOL.COM
Fri, 12 Jul 2002 15:29:04 EDT

In a message dated 7/12/2002 10:31:34 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
pianobuilders@olynet.com writes:

> Subj:Re: Bridge design
> Date:7/12/2002 10:31:34 AM Pacific Daylight Time
> From:<A HREF="mailto:pianobuilders@olynet.com">pianobuilders@olynet.com</A>
> To:<A HREF="mailto:pianotech@ptg.org">pianotech@ptg.org</A>
> Sent from the Internet

                          Thanks
     Pre-molded rib radius. That is slick. Makes sense. Any  observations  to
tonal differences? /superiority of Lam. ribs verses crown cut ribs? I suspect
not and any  tonal enhancement difference is in the design. Still on the
learning curve.
  What about number of laminations? Have you found  an optimum? My thought is
long deep ribs will require more thinner lams. or less thicker lams. and
shorter ribs the same thing depending on some decision as to what's enough
for adequate stiffness, consistency etc.
   Economically more lams. means more machining
    Dale Erwin