Workshop Gallery link change

Claudia Cimenti claudia_cimenti@mail.com
Fri, 12 Jul 2002 21:04:16 -0700

Hello Roy,

this is very interesting. Thank you for your post.

I would like to stress that ***I am in no way trying to promote one
particular technique over another***. What will make the Workshop Gallery
valuable is that it will give insights into how various technicians
approach tasks in their workshops.

Roy, would you happen to have some pictures illustrating your technique? If
so, I'm sure we all would love to see pictures showing your method for
boring the pin block.

Thank you,
/Claudia

At 06:20 PM 7/12/2002 Friday, you wrote:
>In a message dated 7/12/02 12:36:05 PM Central Daylight Time,
>claudia_cimenti@mail.com writes:
>

>>http://webpages.charter.net/cimenti/workshop
>

>Hi, I admire your efforts to promote pin block boring. But, what is wrong
>with the old fashioned way. Fit the block to the plate, and bore all of
>the screw holes, insert screws, and then with a center punch, mark all of
>the pin holes. Remove block, and transfer to a good drill press with a 750
>RPM setting, with a backing as long as the block, and set at a 5 or 7
>degree reverse angle. Much easier, cheaper, and just as accurate than
>building a complex apparatus to sit on the piano, which in most cases
>would probably gouge the case.
>
>Just my thoughts on it. I have done dozens of grand pin block replacements
>using this method, and none has ever failed.
>
>Roy Czekay,
>
>Milwaukee, WI,
>
>Not a registered technician, but have been rebuilding pianos for over 30
>years.

-----
Claudia Cimenti
Northborough, Massachusetts