A ''Babcock'' for PTG.

JWyatt1492@AOL.COM JWyatt1492@AOL.COM
Sun, 14 Jul 2002 15:10:26 EDT

  Hello to All,

    To bring everybody up to date.
 A few months ago I was able to get  a coustomer
of mine to donate a " Heintzman Transposer" upr.
to the Foundation for our Museum.  This piano
will transpose one full octave.  Leon Speir and I
took this piano to K.C.

    Recently I have been working with  a Faimly to
donate a real   " Babcock Pianoforte " to our
Foundation.  The final negotiations got a little tense
at one time and I thought I would loose the Piano.
However,  I can now tell you that PTGF has a real
" Babcock Pianoforte" And  it is in my shop as you
read this.

    For the record  It was  Babock,  NOT  Chickering,
who invented the full iron plate,  It was  Babcock,
NOT  Steinway,  who invented the overstrung scale.
 and it was Babcock who invented the, all felt hammer.

  This Babcock  was made for John G. Klemm in
Philadelpha. This fact dates it being built  between
1831-1833.  The only number we can find is  297.
 It has 68 keys  FF to c4.

    I hope to have this Piano repaired by our 003
convention in  Dallas so we can have it on display.

   As the Home office does not have room for it
in the Museum  I guess I will store it in my shop,
   Maybe we can get a Home Office building
large enough to house all of our Museum  by
the 007 Convention in  K.C.  keep your fingers
crossed.   This Board is working hard on saving
money. and have made much progress.  Maybe
they can get  this done too.

Regards, to All
Jack Wyatt ---  a happy camper