The best ETD tuners

Mon, 15 Jul 2002 07:03:23 +0200

"Jim Coleman, Sr." wrote:

> The following quote got my attention.
>
> "The best ETD tunings I've seen in tests barely scraped
> by
> > at
> > > the 80% level and it usually took them 2 or more tries to make it.
> >

> I wonder if Walter would care to elucidate a little more on this. I have
> seen probably many more tests given than any other one person except
> Michael Travis. My experience has been that ETD tuners usually get 100%
> on Bass, Treble and High Treble.

Well they sure as heck should that's for sure. I see no
reason why this area of the test should be so much easier
for ETD tuners then for aural tuners. The test tolerances
for ETD assisted tuning segments should be 98 % or better
IMHO. It's like takeing a written test with all the answers
given on a second sheet right in front of you.... one allows
for a 2% error in copying off from one sheet to the other.
:)

Cheers !

RicB