Shellac vs. lacquer

Susan Kline sckline@attbi.com
Mon, 15 Jul 2002 11:42:17 -0700

Thanks, David. That's the kind of detailed information which is helpful.
So far I've just used a few drops behind the strike point of mushy hammers,
(which technique I picked up from Steve Brady, who used it to good effect
once when I was watching) or a dilute solution applied to the crown in
the top octave. I just haven't had the occasion to work out a lot of styles
for voicing with shellac, so anyone else's experience with it is good
to hear.

"The shine without the ping" -- yes, that's what I'm after!

Susan