removing a plate by myself

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Tue, 16 Jul 2002 11:35:46 EDT

In a message dated 7/16/02 9:17:32 AM Central Daylight Time,
gnewell@ameritech.net writes:

> Wim,
>     A Cherry picker, or engine hoist as Greg Casper correctly pointed out,
> will
> most certainly work in your shop. I've seen your shop remember? It will
> definitely fit
> through the doors and the long legs are removable on most until you get it
> where
> you want it and then put them back on. It will easily fit in your classroom
> shop and
> roll right under the piano with the "boom" over the plate for easy and
> controllable
> hoisting. As far as the rolling down the side walk and through 3 doors ...
> it's on
> wheels. It is exactly what I planned on using if I took the job. You may
> wish to
> reconsider.
>
> Best,
> Greg Newell

OK, you've pointed out that I could have used an engine hoist. But then there
is one more thing that has to be considered. I'M CHEAP. If I can get out of
paying for something, by using my head and muscles, I'll do it. And besides,
it was a neat experiment, and it worked. Maybe next time, I'll see what's
available here in T'loosa.

Wim