Piano Technician Training

Greg Casper gcasper@pacbell.net
Wed, 17 Jul 2002 13:45:44 -0700

Doug:

I ditto Clyde's comments. I also took the course and it got me started. But
to be honest, I learned substantially more by reading Arthur Reblitz book
"Piano Servicing, Tuning & Rebuilding. It has much more detailed information
and is far more comprehensive than the ASPT course.

Greg Casper
San Jose, CA

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-pianotech@ptg.org [mailto:owner-pianotech@ptg.org]On Behalf
Of Clyde Hollinger
Sent: Tuesday, July 16, 2002 6:19 PM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: Re: Piano Technician Training

Doug,

I took the course from American School of Piano Tuning about 25-30 years
ago.
Some years later a publication did an article on correspondence courses in
piano service.  If my memory serves me correctly,  this course ranked
poorly.
One thing positive I can say about it -- it got me started!  Most of my
learning came from PTG in one way or another.

Regards,
Clyde Hollinger, RPT