A ''Babcock'' for PTG.

Dale Probst wardprobst@cst.net
Wed, 17 Jul 2002 22:53:26 -0500

Phil,

FOJ = Frere O' Jacques

Dale

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-pianotech@ptg.org [mailto:owner-pianotech@ptg.org] On Behalf
Of Phillip Ford
Sent: Wednesday, July 17, 2002 12:25 PM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: RE: A ''Babcock'' for PTG.

On Tue, 16 Jul 2002 22:25:22 -0500 Dale Probst <wardprobst@cst.net>
wrote:

Phillip,

I know that Jack is too modest to tell this story...so I will.

You remember that Jack formerly Jacques Y'ette)
Was this after he changed his name from Giacomo Cristofori?

met Otto Wissner in the
Franco Prussian war when they were fighting on opposite sides.

How do you meet someone when you're fighting on the opposite side of
them in a war?

After he won the war, Jacques stayed with his cousin Alpheus Babcock and
shared many of the ideas he had been thinking of regarding piano
construction.

Too bad cousin Alphy hogged all the credit.

Best,
Dale Probst, FOJ

OK, I'll bite.  What's FOJ?

Phil F