Shellac vs. lacquer

Susan Kline sckline@attbi.com
Wed, 17 Jul 2002 23:37:06 -0700

It sounds like you've been having a very positive experience with your
shellac hammer-building. I sincerely hope it continues well over time. Can
you describe the solution you used? What dilution, which alcohol? Or
premixed? Did you find that the color was a problem? What impressions did
you have as you applied it? Did you do any wet-voicing with it?

It would be interesting, another time, to compare how long the shellac
takes to set up as opposed to the lacquer or acetone/keytop. Especially
since keytop's main virtue appears to be its fast drying time.

(thanks)

Susan