"PTG Convention is focused on teaching...."

J Patrick Draine draine@attbi.com
Thu, 18 Jul 2002 17:30:02 -0400

On Thursday, July 18, 2002, at 04:59 PM, Avery Todd wrote:

> Dale,
>

>> At least it is possible to reimburse some of
>> them for some of their expenses though not all.
>
> But this I can't understand! Why some but not all. Sounds like political
> BS to me!

Unfortunately the Home Office isn't set up to print up US $ on demand.
The alternatives are 1) massive increases in registration fees &/or 2)
increases in dues. Both of these are eminently reasonable moves BUT they
would no doubt result in much howling-in-pain about said increases. Most
trade &/or professional associations have much higher dues and
convention fees than we do.
I think Dale's comment was in the context of current and near future PTG
budgets, and doubt that large registration fee increases are in the
pipeline.

Patrick Draine