small claims court

David Ilvedson ilvey@sbcglobal.net
Fri, 19 Jul 2002 09:25:27 -0700

John,

Call your Better Business Bureau (is that right?).  I got a form letter that I typed up and sent to a customer.  Got paid within a week.  It basically says what the consequences of small claims court, i.e. court costs.  I searched the internet a bit...suggest you do the same...and found the following sample letter.  You need to send them the invoice several times...

Dear

  I have written to you several times over the past three
  months requesting an explanation on why you have failed
  to bring your account with us current.

  By ignoring these requests, you are damaging the
  excellent credit record you had previously maintained
  with our company. In addition, you are incurring
  additional expense to yourself and to us.

  Unless I hear from you within ten days, I will have no
  other choice but to turn your account over for collection.
  I am sorry that we must take such drastic action but I am
  afraid you leave us no alternative. You can preserve
  your credit rating by remitting your check today for the
  amount stated above.

A letter threatening court gets their attention.

David I.