"PTG Convention is focused on teaching...."

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Fri, 19 Jul 2002 12:33:25 EDT

In a message dated 7/18/02 6:54:25 PM Central Daylight Time, A440A@AOL.COM
writes:

> I wonder why I received three copies of the convention class schedules in
> the mail this year, even though I wasn't registered to even go??  That
> represents an enormous expense in mailing info that is easily obtained in
> the
> lobby of the hotel.  I suggest that the practise be dropped in the future.
> (how many members does the PTG have and multiply that by the cost of
> postage
> and printing??)
> Wondering,
> Ed Foote RPT

The convention brochures are like advertisement. History has probably told us
that a second, or even a third mailing bring enough registrants to make it
worth while.

When I did the CW Regional, we sent out two mailings. The second mailing
brought in more than enough to cover the additional postage and printing.
Many times in the past, I received a seminar brochure, but put it aside or
threw it away. A couple of weeks later, I got a second one, which prompted me
to either go, or, if I had decided to go but lost or forgot to register, got
me the information, so I could register.

Wim