"PTG Convention is focused on teaching...."

Baldwin Yamaha Piano Centre baldwin@mta-01.sk.sympatico.ca
Fri, 19 Jul 2002 11:49:49 -0600

Hi Patrick,
                    In Canada the Canadian Association of Piano
Technicians,  makes a point of partnershiping  with Universities and
Colleges.  It can be a win, win situation. The University ends up with some
of their pianos being up graded, because we also run a large component of
our annual convention as a hands on technical institute.  They provide
space at low cost.
Much cheaper than renting hotel conference rooms, also AV aids are usually
supplied at minimal cost.
I could not see this working for the National, but it could work very well
for many regional conferences.
Having chaired several of these events, I see no down side.  In fact it
helps with the organizations visibility and image.
Partnerships is going to be very important in many ways, to the healthy
growth of the guild.
Just my thoughts on the topic.

Regards Roger

At 01:11 PM 7/19/02 -0400, you wrote:
>On Friday, July 19, 2002, at 11:27 AM, Delwin D Fandrich wrote:
><big snip>
>
>         We are trying to structure our once-a-year convention to make up
> for the relative lack of viable school facilities      around the country.
>
>Well, the schools certainly aren't as inexpensive as PTG's offerings, but
>they are there, they're high quality, and there are openings.
>
>Patrick Draine

Roger