small claims court

Charles Neuman piano@charlesneuman.net
Fri, 19 Jul 2002 14:56:16 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)

I'm curious: Is it possible to use a collection agency for just one
account? I assume most of those places work in bulk for large companies,
but I'm curious if some of them do small jobs. Heck, even if they took 75%
as a commission, you'd get the satisfaction of making the customer pay.
Also, I wonder if you have to prove anything to them about the situation
before they will start harassing the customer.

If it IS possible and legal to use a collection agency, those guys are
really good at harassing people. My auto insurance company used one to
collect from a guy who hit my car. It worked.

Charles Neuman