Bechstein key height

Brian Lawson lawsonic@bdmail.co.za
Fri, 19 Jul 2002 21:34:09 +0200

Does it matter if the floor is tiled or has a shagpile carpet?

Brian

----- Original Message -----
From: "Newton Hunt" <nhunt@optonline.net>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Friday, July 19, 2002 7:42 PM
Subject: Re: Bechstein key height

Sheesh folks, doesn't anyone have a copy of the Action Handbook?  There the
key
height is measured (get this) from the floor to the top of the key.  I
cannot
find my copy of the book and I cannot remember the measurement (senior
moments).

If you still have the original materials (always a good idea) then measure
them
and then the height of your arrangement.  Use a micrometer to determine
thicknesses (don't screw it down too hard).

Newton