small claims court

Greg Casper gcasper@pacbell.net
Fri, 19 Jul 2002 14:42:25 -0700

John:

Probably not. Even if you win, all you get is a judgement. You then have to
spend all the time it would take to get the judgement enforced. I would
suggest if you have a friend who is an attorney, that you might ask them to
send a final demand letter on their letterhead. This is sometimes more
effective than just a bill from a tech.

Hope this helps.

Greg Casper
San Jose, CA

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-pianotech@ptg.org [mailto:owner-pianotech@ptg.org]On Behalf
Of John M. Formsma
Sent: Friday, July 19, 2002 5:02 AM
To: PianoTech
Subject: small claims court

Dear List,

Do any of you have advice for the following?

I am owed a little less than $200. Is it worth the effort to go to small
claims court when the court is located some 75 miles away?

I hope no one has experience with this, but if you do, I'd benefit from
hearing it.

Thanks,

John M. Formsma
Blue Mountain, MS