Saying "No" (was Convention is focused)

Erwinspiano@AOL.COM Erwinspiano@AOL.COM
Sat, 20 Jul 2002 00:12:15 EDT

In a message dated 7/19/2002 7:40:10 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
RNossaman@cox.net writes:

> Subj:Re: Saying "No" (was Convention is focused)
> Date:7/19/2002 7:40:10 PM Pacific Daylight Time
> From:<A HREF="mailto:RNossaman@cox.net">RNossaman@cox.net</A>
> To:<A HREF="mailto:pianotech@ptg.org">pianotech@ptg.org</A>
> Sent from the Internet

> > classes and what a plus for ptg as they don't pay sponsored teachers a
> > dime however the  down side is that frankly conventions become more than
> > a little repititous. If the organization wants to court new talent there
> > has to be incentive because the ego trip of teaching wears off after a
> > while even if it is an honor to be asked.
> >     Just my opinion>>>>>>>>>>Dale Erwin
>
> Hey Dale,
> This is more than a little like the discussion about the content of the
> Journal a few hours ago. Unless someone has developed something defensibly
> sensible that no one has seen or heard of before, the classes have to be
> repetitious. How much "oh wow" information surfaces from year to year in
> this business?
>
> Ron N

        Hey Ron--- I figured it out ,oh wow!!I,ve just been around the track
enough times to be a little bored and cynical plus I hate hotels.Sounds like
burnout talking. It must be from piano tech overload.  You know maybe we
should just ask Uncle Sam for a 12 month Sabbatical for our 30 years of
faithful service that way it'll give us a year to forget all we ever learnt
an complained about then we can start over and it'll seem just like the good
old days.
  I get it. I'll shut up now. I love ptg ,I love ptg ,I love...............