Saying "No" (was Convention is focused)

Sat, 20 Jul 2002 20:01:34 -0700

----- Original Message -----
From: "Richard Brekne" <Richard.Brekne@grieg.uib.no>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: July 20, 2002 4:30 AM
Subject: Re: Saying "No" (was Convention is focused)

> One last thing... nobody in the PTG home office, Convention
> committee or staff, or on the Board that I know of thinks of
> any instructor or authour with contempt for any reason at
> all, and to suggest that such contemptuous feelings could be
> connected with all these good willed people giving so freely
> of so much of their time is ... well... being born a
> christian I cant say what I think of that suggestion.

Did I say I thought this was the opinion of the Institute Committee? No?
Well, I didn't think so. I've worked with a succession of Home Office staff
and Institute Committees for thirty years now and have found them to be,
without exception, professional, gracious and astonishingly capable folks. I
show up and my classroom is ready with the requested equipment and I go to
work. On the rare occasions there has been a glitch it has been resolved in
minutes and I'm rarely aware of how they get it done. So please don't twist
my words.

But, they are all working under the authority of the board and the board
is -- supposedly -- working under the authority of the membership. That's
folks like you. And I'll let your attitude speak for itself.

Del