Steinway parts dept.was Shaft from Schaff

Erwinspiano@AOL.COM Erwinspiano@AOL.COM
Sat, 20 Jul 2002 22:49:36 EDT

In a message dated 7/20/2002 5:42:54 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
RNossaman@cox.net writes:

> Subj:Re: Steinway parts dept.was Shaft from Schaff
> Date:7/20/2002 5:42:54 PM Pacific Daylight Time
> From:<A HREF="mailto:RNossaman@cox.net">RNossaman@cox.net</A>
> To:<A HREF="mailto:pianotech@ptg.org">pianotech@ptg.org</A>
> Sent from the Internet
>

>               Dale wrote
>              Shannon has a can do attitude and will work for you but I can
> tell
> > you I think she's overworked in an understaffed dept. but still doing a
> > great job. If I call or fax an order I don't wonder if or when I'll get
> > it. My orders usually show up 5 days after I place them. How's that for
> > service?
> >     If your really stuck try Eric Shandall. He's a long time acquaintance
>
> > and he puts a good face on  techno support.
> >

>  Ron N wrote
> How sad and pitiful is it that a professional can't deal with an
> organization on a simple and straightforward basis without having to play
> the "It's who you know" game
>
>         Ron
       How true and how sad but I still need there parts just like I'll need
my social security check, or a building permit etc, ad nauseaum and ,no I
don't like jumping thru the hoops. Its my independent nature that makes me
grit my teeth.
     In regards to Eric,I've  respected his advice/professionalism  long
before he worked for the outfit and have hashed over lots of voicing
techniques etc.with him.
      Well any way ,red tape de jour and  the squeaking wheel gets the grease
seems to plague every beaurocrcy public and private. Like it,? no. deal with
it? Yes, if I need to but, am always looking for alternatives, how bout you?
   Dale Erwin