Yamaha Hammer Shank

Mark Wisner MWisner@yamaha.com
Mon, 22 Jul 2002 12:32:45 -0700

You can check a Yamaha serial at  http://yamaha.com/pianoserials/index.htm.=

To order a shank call 800 854 1569 (press 1 and then 2 at the  menu =
choices) and ordering part number T5290220.  FYI, we no longer sell round =
shanks, they are either hex or oval now.
The "J" that precedes the serial number indicates its generation within =
the G2 series.  (We started out with the G2A then went to G2B etc.)

Mark Wisner
Yamaha Corporation
mwisner@yamaha.com

>>> mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com 07/22/02 11:50AM >>>
I need to replace a broken hammer shank from a 1979 G2. (I have not seen =
the piano.) Where is the best place to order one from? Does Yamaha use =
diffent sizes - or is there only one size for the G2 (maybe all grands are =
the same size?)?

The serial number for this piano is J2890701. What does the "J" stand for?

I see that the Yamaha web site no longer offers the opportunity to see if =
a piano is a grey market. I wonder why they did away with that. I kinda =
liked it. Or am I just blind and can't see it?

Thanks.

Terry Farrell