no comp. was Re: Saying "No" (was Convention is focused)

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Tue, 23 Jul 2002 13:22:32 EDT

In a message dated 7/23/02 11:13:32 AM Central Daylight Time,
mkurta@adelphia.net writes:

> Del:
>     I wonder if the problems you eloquently addressed would be diminished
> by having conventions every other year.  Heresy?  Blasphemy?  Maybe not.
> It might mean half the effort for the national office and those hard
> working souls who work their volunteer hearts out, and possibly more
> exhibitors, better classes, more attendees, etc.  Should we skip a year and
> give it a try ?
> Absence makes the heart........
>     Mike Kurta, RPT

Mike

What would this accomplish? Not having the convention every year will only
benefit those who don't come every year, or less than that. I think there are
enough people who want to see the convention every year that makes having it
worth while.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Wim