Hours in the car..

Michael Musial musepiano@hotmail.com
Wed, 24 Jul 2002 03:28:14 +0000

Hello!

I service pianos in a three county area here in central Pa. A fair
portion of my work is in rural areas so I do a lot of driving. I
usually can schedule a full days work in any location to make a 45-50
mile one way trip worth while.

In the last three years I have averaged 14500 business miles per year
including trips to meetings and conventions.. Dividing that number by
55 miles per hour, I see I spend 263 hours a year driving around for
my business. That is almost 11 full days!!

A few months ago, after doing that math, I decided to enhance the
quality of those driving hours, so I installed satellite radio in my
car. I am amazed how much this has increased my overall enjoyment of
my work day. Now during my business driving hours I have 60
commercial-free channels of music to choose from, and 40 more of news
and entertainment. Depending on my mood, I can choose rock, jazz,
electronica, hip-hop, classical, reggae etc... I am SOOO glad I got
this!! I would suggest satellite radio to anyone that puts on a lot of
miles driving to work and back.

It is a bit of an investment to get set up. Depending on how
particular you are about the quality of the sound, you can spend
between $380-$600. I believe it is most definitely worth it!

I am subscribed to Sirius Satellite Radio     www.sirius.com
It is $12.99 a month. Its selection of music channels and lack of
commercials is what drew me to it.

There is also XM Satellite Radio     www.xmradio.com
This is the one that gets a lot of tv advertising time.
It is $9.99 a month but the majority of its channels have
commercials.

I now look forward to those days when I put on the miles to work.
Tomorrow I will easily pass 100 miles round-trip and I still can not
wait till driving time!

Michael Musial
Reedsville Pa

(25 miles round trip yesterday)