no comp. .. Del's thoughts.

BobDavis88@AOL.COM BobDavis88@AOL.COM
Wed, 24 Jul 2002 02:07:30 EDT

Ron Nossaman says

> These folks in your audience
>  are your "peers", not a tribunal of rabid judgmental strangers. You're
>  addressing friends, or at least professionals with whom you have a lot in
>  common.

I'll second that. For those considering presenting a class: if you are
prepared, performance anxiety drops enormously when you realize that your
audience really WANTS you to do well! They realize you've spent some extra
time thinking about your subject, and the give and take of equals is
challenging in a delightful way.

Bill Spurlock reminded me to include in my practice having a friend ask
stupid questions and make irritating comments, so you get used to coming up
with gentle, humorous, but effective ways to shut them up quickly, without
offending anyone. You win extra points with the class, because they're tired
of the guy, too - he's taking up their valuable time as well.

Bob D